Tackling Smoking & Dementia Summit
Date/Time: 4th February 2014
(10 30 am – 3 30 pm)
Venue: Chartered Institute of Housing, 125 Princes Street, Edinburgh
Smoking is a risk factor in developing dementia, and a significant issue in the lives of people living with dementia and their carers. Yet the consideration of smoking and dementia, both in terms of policy and practice, is at an early stage.
This summit will review the existing knowledge around smoking and dementia, engage the pertinent public health interests and decision-makers and explore how we can develop an appropriate response to smoking and dementia in Scotland.
- Henry Simmons, CE of Alzheimer Scotland
- Sheila Duffy, Chief Executive of ASH Scotland
- Kate O’Donnell, Professor of Primary Care Research & Development,
- Institute of Health & Wellbeing, University of Glasgow
- Graham A Jackson Alzheimer Scotland Professor of Dementia Care, Univ of West of Scotland
- Lawrence Whalley, Professor Emeritus of Mental Health, University of Aberdeen
More details from Jennifer Black 0131 220 9462 email [email protected]