Project Board Mission Statement
Terms of reference
To facilitate the development of care home research capability and capacity within Scotland by:
- building the evidence base required to advance care home practice:
- raising the profile of care home research:
- acting as advocates and promoting the care-home research agenda with appropriate stakeholders including care-home managers, policy makers and research funders
- To encourage and facilitate high-quality clinical research in care homes in Scotland.
- To promote the ENRICH programme for care homes which allows them to support, assist and deliver in research.
- To provide a forum for care-home researchers to engage and network with other researchers and with providers of care.
- To facilitate comprehensive dissemination of care-home research findings. As well as sharing research with clinicians, scientists and policy makers at existing meetings we will organise a care-home specific annual public meeting / public seminar series. In addition we will encourage sharing research findings with residents, families and staff within the care homes that participate in the ENRICH program.
- To mentor, signpost and advise/ act as critical peers to colleagues preparing care-home research projects; grant submissions or disseminating results.
- To foster and include students, care home staff and residents’ in projects which enhance practice and promote care home work.